This is the second time we were introduced to Chef Bren Hererra giving us the good tea on recipes; along with Chef Jerard Wells getting up close and personal with the cast of New Soul Kitchen. The media was so anxious to preview the one-of-a-kind cooking show; hosted by Chef Jernard Wells, an award-winning TV Host/Celebrity Chef/Bestselling Cookbook Author, best known from his numerous appearances on Food Network & Cooking Channel shows.
Wells has been featured on the “Today Show,” PEOPLE,” “Steve Harvey Morning Show,” “Rickey Smiley Morning Show,” ESSENCE, to name a few. Chef Jernard will provide step-by-step instructions on preparing one of his signature dishes, while giving tips for quick quarantine meals, healthy alternatives to classic soul food favorites, and provide a sneak peek on the top foodie trends taking over this fall.Join us for an opportunity to engage with four leading African-American female chefs and culinary influencers who, throughout the season, deliver an array of flavors from around the world, sure to please every palette.
Joining the press conference were : Chef Bren Herrera, Chef Essie Bartels, Chef Resha and Chef Ahki. Chef Bartels had to leave early but she introduced us to some tantilizing African dishes. We look forward to her continuing the conversation and cooking later.
Check out https://mycleo.tv/show/new-soul-kitchen/ before you get into the video below.
RECIPE TIME!!!! CORNMEAL ONION RINGS BY CHEF RESHA
Source: CLEO TV
- 1 yellow or sweet Vidalia onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cups cold buttermilk
- ¾ cup ground cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- dash of salt and pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Soak the onion rings in the buttermilk overnight.
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, dried herbs, and seasoning together until combined.
- Coat each ring just once and set to the side. Repeat with each ring until all are coated.
- Fry in 375- degree oil until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt as soon as they come out of the fryer and serve on and alongside your salmon BLT.